Court Home
(Switch to English Site)
Inicio Divisiones y operaciones del tribunal Información general del tribunal Tribunal Penal Tribunal de Huérfanos y Sucesiones Servicio en el jurado Autoayuda Court Opinions Court Rules Servicios de intérprete Comuníquese al tribunal Disclaimer
Divorce Self Help
Lo sentimos, pero la traducción al español de esta página no está disponible.

This informational section is for reference and research purposes only.

All divorce complaints are filed in the Prothonotary's Office located on the lower level of the Courthouse. The Prothonotary's Office is open each weekday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

The current fee for the divorce filing is $145.50 plus an additional $52.25 for each count and $7.50 for a custody count. (Subject to change without notice)

Further information may be found at

Self Help Sections for Divorce
No Fault Divorce under § 3301 (c) of the Divorce Code - Mutual Consent
Section C is used when both parties want to get a divorce and both parties are available and willing to sign legal documents stating they consent or agree to end the marriage.
No Fault Divorce under § 3301 (d) of the Divorce Code - Two Year Separation
Section D is used when the parties have already lived separate and apart for at least two years. In this type of divorce, defendant's consent may not be not required.

The forms and instructions that are available from this website are not a substitute for professional legal advice. Court employees cannot give you legal advice or help you fill out /complete the forms. It is your responsibility to read and complete the forms and to take required steps to file and serve the documents. If you decide to use these forms in an actual action, be prepared to spend appropriate time gathering information, completing forms and following the Rules of Court. The Court assumes no responsibility for the use of these forms and accepts no liability for actions taken by using these documents, including reliance on the instructions and/or contents. To obtain legal advice and to insure the proper use of this material, you should contact a lawyer.

If you want to obtain the service of an attorney, but do not know whom to contact, you should visit the Northampton County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service website.

Tracking address: Tracking code - do not email: (do not email this address - tracking purposes only)