Court Home Court Divisions & Operations General Court Information Criminal Court Civil Court Orphans' Court Jury Service Self Help Court Opinions Court Rules Interpretation Services Contact The Court Disclaimer Court Employment Vacancy Information
Self Help

This site provides answers to some commonly asked questions concerning legal procedures in Pennsylvania. This site does not provide legal advice. This site is designed to help you find information, work better with an attorney and represent yourself in some legal matters. The forms provided here are specific to Northampton County. If you represent yourself, you are called a "pro se" or "self-represented" litigant.

Show all Self Help Categories | Hide all Categories

Handbook for Self-Represented Litigants
Expungement of Record

Expungement of Record is the process by which the record of a criminal conviction is destroyed or sealed. Only certain types of charges may be expunged.

Get Expungement Self Help

Filing for Divorce

No Fault Divorce under § 3301 (c) of the Divorce Code - Mutual Consent
Section C is used when both parties want to get a divorce and both parties are available and willing to sign legal documents stating they consent or agree to end the marriage.

No Fault Divorce under § 3301 (d) of the Divorce Code - Two Year Separation
Section D is used when the parties have already lived separate and apart for at least two years. In this type of divorce, defendant's consent may not be not required.

Show all Self Help Categories | Hide all Categories

The forms and instructions that are available from this website are not a substitute for professional legal advice. Court employees cannot give you legal advice or help you fill out /complete the forms. It is your responsibility to read and complete the forms and to take required steps to file and serve the documents. If you decide to use these forms in an actual action, be prepared to spend appropriate time gathering information, completing forms and following the Rules of Court. The Court assumes no responsibility for the use of these forms and accepts no liability for actions taken by using these documents, including reliance on the instructions and/or contents. To obtain legal advice and to insure the proper use of this material, you should contact a lawyer.

If you want to obtain the service of an attorney, but do not know whom to contact, you should visit the Northampton County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service website.

Tracking address: Tracking code - do not email: (do not email this address - tracking purposes only)