Court Home Court Divisions & Operations General Court Information Criminal Court Civil Court Orphans' Court Jury Service Self Help Court Opinions Court Rules Interpretation Services Contact The Court Disclaimer Court Employment Vacancy Information

Administrative Order 2022-09

Pursuant to CDC guidelines residents, employees and visitors to the Northampton County Juvenile Justice Center, including juvenile detention and treatment, must wear masks irrespective of vaccination status. Irrespective of vaccination status, all individuals who enter a courtroom in which a resident of the Juvenile Justice Center and/or treatment center is present must wear a mask.

More information is available on our
Judicial Emergency Orders and COVID-19 Information page.

Domestic Relations Section FAQ

Expand all Answers | Hide all Answers

How do I file for support?
By appearing at the DRS and filing a complaint in the Intake Section. An appointment is not necessary unless you are filing to another state.
When can I file for support?
Petition hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM until 3:30 PM. No petitions are taken after 11:30 AM on the first Tuesday of each month.
What do I need to bring with me when I file?
A driver's license or photo ID, social security cards or numbers for the parties and children, home address of person you are filing against, if known, employer's name and address of both parties, medical insurance cards with insurance address, marriage license/divorce decree/current Protection from Abuse Order, Current Support Order and Affidavit of Arrears/payment history from other courts (certified copies are required), all sources of income for both parties, birth certificates for child(ren) for whom you are filing, and any paternity acknowledgment forms.
Can I make support payments at the DRS?
The only payments that can be made at the DRS are court ordered purge payments to be released from prison, payments made on non-compliance court days when authorized by the court or requested by your conference officer, or first payment following the initial support conference. All other payments must be sent to PA SCDU, PO Box 69110, Harrisburg, PA 17106, must be payable to PA SCDU and must include your member number or social security number.
How do I go about changing my address with the DRS?
You must submit your change of address to the DRS in writing to: 126 S. Union St., Easton, Pa. 18042, by faxing it to 610-253-4135 or sending an e-mail through the DRS state portal of
Can I bring someone with me to the support conference?
Only parties to the support action and their attorneys will be allowed to attend the support conference. No third parties, including current spouses will be allowed to attend.
How old must I be to file for support?
There is no age requirement for a minor parent or spouse.
Can the DRS help me with custody and visitation issues?
No, the DRS does not deal with custody or visitation issues. You should seek the advice of counsel, contact the Prothonotary's Office, or you may research information at the law library located in the Government Center.
Is there a fee for filing support?
There are no fees charged for applying or modifying child support, spousal support, and Alimony Pendente Lite actions at the Domestic Relations Section.
What if I am not certain of who my child's father is?
You may file a petition against a defendant you most believe to be the father and genetic testing may be Ordered to ascertain parentage. However, if paternity has been previously established you must pursue support against that individual.

Expand all Answers | Hide all Answers

More Domestic Relations Section Information
Domestic Relations Section Overview
Domestic Relations Section FAQ
Support Procedures
Filing an Appeal to Superior Court
Tracking address: Tracking code - do not email: (do not email this address - tracking purposes only)