Court Home Court Divisions & Operations General Court Information Criminal Court Civil Court Orphans' Court Jury Service Self Help Court Opinions Court Rules Interpretation Services Contact The Court Disclaimer Court Employment Vacancy Information
Petition for Contempt - Child Custody Self-Help

The packet referenced on this page should be used when seeking to file a contempt against the other side. You must have an existing Northampton County custody order.

The required documents may be printed and used to file a petition for contempt.

Once the paperwork has been completed, you must take your completed paperwork to the Mediation Room (1st Floor/across from the District Attorney's Office) on any weekday for review by the Custody Office. You must sign in by 8:45am. No pleadings will be accepted after 9:30am. Your packet must include the following:

  1. A copy of your current custody order.
  2. A completed, signed and dated petition for contempt.
  3. A completed praecipe for a custody list.
  4. A completed scheduling order.
  5. A completed criminal record and abuse history verification form.
    NOTE: There is no fee for filing your pleading, but you will need to pay for any copies that are needed.

Once your papers have been reviewed by the Custody Office proceed to the Prothonotary's Office to file your petition and to obtain a date for a custody conference.


Petition for Contempt: Packet Download
A packet containing these forms is available here as a PDF:
Petition for Civil Contempt for Disobedience of a Custody Order

The forms and instructions that are available from this website are not a substitute for professional legal advice. Court employees cannot give you legal advice or help you fill out /complete the forms. It is your responsibility to read and complete the forms and to take required steps to file and serve the documents. If you decide to use these forms in an actual action, be prepared to spend appropriate time gathering information, completing forms and following the Rules of Court. The Court assumes no responsibility for the use of these forms and accepts no liability for actions taken by using these documents, including reliance on the instructions and/or contents. To obtain legal advice and to insure the proper use of this material, you should contact a lawyer.

If you want to obtain the service of an attorney, but do not know whom to contact, you should visit the Northampton County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service website.

Tracking address: Tracking code - do not email: (do not email this address - tracking purposes only)